INOC, LLC respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website;
- in email, live chat, and other electronic messages between you and us;
- when you contact us by telephone, text, or by other electronic means;
- through our Services;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if
those applications or advertising include links to this Policy; and
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provides
dedicated non-browser-based interactions between you and the Website or the Company.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by INOC or a third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Data Controller and Contact Information
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, email address, telephone number,
IP address, and place of employment or company name (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, location data, logs,
referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us, such as in connection with our contractual obligations and provision of NOC services to you, and when you contact us, elect to use our products or services, or subscribe to receive newsletters, advertisements, or other promotional communications from us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, an other tracking technologies; and/or
- from third parties, for example, our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website consists of:
- information that you provide to us directly; and
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
The Personal Data we collect from you is required to enter into a contract with INOC, for INOC to perform under the contract, and to provide you with our products and services. If you refuse to provide such Personal Data or withdraw your consent to our processing of Personal Data, then in some cases we may not be able to enter into the contract or fulfill our obligations to you under it.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Website, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
If you are in the European Union, the processing of your Personal Data is lawful only if it is permitted under the applicable data protection laws. We have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities (except when an exception applies as described below):
- Legitimate Interests. We will process your Personal Data as necessary for our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your rights and freedoms, and we do not process your Personal Data if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Specifically, our legitimate interests are to facilitate communication between us and you; detect and correct bugs and improve our Website; safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property; detect and prevent fraud; promote and market our business; manage our workforce, assets, and business; and develop our product and services.
- To Fulfill Our Obligations to You Under Our Contract. We process your Personal Data in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our contract with you to deliver our NOC services. Examples of this type of data are support information that may reside in our runbooks and trouble tickets.
- As Required by Law. We may also process your Personal Data when we are required or permitted to by law; to comply with government inspections, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public authorities; to respond to legal processes such as subpoenas; or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network, or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims.
Special Categories of Information
INOC does not ask you to provide, and we do not knowingly collect, any special categories of Personal Data from you.
Automated Decision Making
INOC does not use your Personal Data with any automated decision-making process, including profiling, which may produce a legal effect concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Website and their contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to contact you about or in response to a request;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to send you newsletters, advertisements or other promotional communications (with your consent, where required by law);
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
With your consent, we may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by sending an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including entities that provide IT and infrastructure support services and perform statistical analysis for or on our behalf;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by INOC about our Website’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of INOC, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from INOC. If you do not wish to have your email address used by INOC to promote our own products and services, you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or by sending an email stating your request to email@example.com. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to INOC as a result of a product purchase or your use of our services.
- Targeted Advertising. We will only use information that we collect or you provide to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target audience preferences with your express consent. If you do not wish to have your information used to deliver targeted advertisements, you can opt out at any time by sending an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Applicable data protection laws may provide you with certain rights with regard to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Access and Update. You may notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Restrictions. You have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your Personal Data is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your Personal Data for processing but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- Portability. To the extent the Personal Data you provide INOC is processed based on your consent, you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such Personal Data in structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this Personal Data to another controller, when technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by closing your account. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your Personal Data.
- Right to Be Forgotten. You have the right to request that we delete all of your Personal Data. We cannot delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account, and we will only delete your account when we no longer have a lawful basis for processing your Personal Data or after a final determination that your Personal Data was unlawfully processed. We may not accommodate a request to erase information if we believe the deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In all other cases, we will retain your Personal Data as set forth in this policy. In addition, we cannot completely delete your Personal Data as some data may rest in previous backups. These will be retained for the periods set forth in our disaster recovery policies.
- Complaints. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the country you live in, the country you work in, or the country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
- How You May Exercise Your Rights. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us through any of the methods listed under Contact Information below and through the live chat feature of our Website. If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements. Please note that if you make unfounded, repetitive, or excessive requests (as determined in our reasonable discretion) to access your Personal Data, you may be charged a fee subject to a maximum set by applicable law.
Do Not Track Signals
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Data about your online activities over time. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, we do not currently respond to the browser DNT signals when you use our services and products or interact with our Website or online services.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss, and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. When Personal Data is transmitted, it is protected with encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website/Client Portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website or contracted services. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Transfers of Personal Data Outside the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in order to provide our Website, products and services to you, or otherwise interact with you, we may collect, store and process your Personal Data in the United States, which is where INOC is headquartered. The United States currently is not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data. Accordingly, your Personal Data may be transferred outside the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Data.
When you provide Personal Data to us, we rely on your explicit consent for some of the data transfers and on the necessity for the performance of a contract or the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request. We may also use standard contractual clauses specifically adopted by the European Commission to provide safeguards for personal data transferred outside of the EU/EEA.
Data Retention Periods
We will retain your Personal Data for the entire time that you keep your account open. After you close your account, we may retain your Personal Data:
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any Personal Data to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Website, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
To Contact INOC, LLC (Controller)
Contact: Rick Smith
Title: ISMS Manager